Northumberland United Way announces its 2022-2023 funded Community Partners.
“We have seen an unprecedented need this year from organizations throughout Northumberland County,” says Bobbie Dawson, CEO, Northumberland United Way. “We are very grateful for the generosity of local residents who have made it possible to provide funding to some very essential programs and services locally.”
Each year, Northumberland United Way invests in local programs and services through its annual Community Impact Funding to support those most vulnerable in the community. Funding is distributed according to the three focus areas; helping kids to be all that they can be, building strong communities; and moving people from poverty to possibility.
Northumberland United Way’s 2022-2023 funded Community Partners and programs, include:
- Big Brothers Big Sisters of Northumberland (BBBS): To support in-school mentoring, traditional BBBS matches, and Go Girls program
- Community Care Northumberland: Supporting the Seniors at Home program including transportation, home help, visiting, and Meals on Wheels
- Community Counselling Resource Centre: Short to mid-term counselling for mild to moderate mental health concerns, trauma, relationship issues, grief, couples counselling, separation/divorce, caregiving, and/or parenting concerns
- The Help Centre of Northumberland: Provide support for core funding including housing, income, low-income energy, income tax, adult literacy, ESL, seniors, and outreach
- Rebound Child & Youth Centre: Triple P – Positive Parenting Program
- The Salvation Army: Community Emergency Assistance Program which provides emergency food, housing, health care, transportation, rent and utility assistance, and disaster services
- Transition House: Emergency services to support access to shelter and transitions to long-term sustainable housing
- WrapAround Northumberland: To support staffing and transportation costs for core programs
To learn more about Northumberland United Way and the work of our funded community partners, visit www.mynuw.org or follow us on social media.
Join our mailing list!
We believe in the power of good news to inspire our community, and love to share exciting updates and impact stories with you.