Northumberland United Way is supporting local non-profits through Grant funding to respond to vital needs in the community.
“Thank you to all organizations who applied for 2021 Grant funding,” says Bobbie Dawson, CEO, Northumberland United Way. “It is because of the immense generosity of our community that we are able to continue our grant program and provide support for local organizations during another challenging year.”
Funding through Northumberland United Way’s grant stream supports charitable organizations in Northumberland County to build capacity for an existing service or pilot a new program to address emerging or essential needs in the community. This year, applications had to be directly related to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Northumberland United Way is thrilled to share an update on the recipients of 2021 Grant funding. To date, five organizations have been approved for a total of $24,000 including:
- Transition House Coalition: To support a Community Well-Being Worker at the Northumberland County Warming Room
- Rotary Club of Campbellford: Rotary Hall renovations to adhere to COVID-19 requirements and support the EarlyON clients using the facility
- Grief Stories: Provide support to help those experiencing grief during the pandemic
- Northumberland Food for Thought: Student Nutrition program
- Community Health Centres of Northumberland: Emergency Food Cupboard program
Join our mailing list!
We believe in the power of good news to inspire our community, and love to share exciting updates and impact stories with you.