October 28, 2020 – This year, Northumberland United Way’s annual Community campaign will be led by their dedicated staff team, who are committed to rebuilding a stronger, more equitable Northumberland County.
“We have a fantastic team working behind the scenes,” says Bobbie Dawson, Executive Director, Northumberland United Way. “If anyone can speak on behalf of our organization, it’s the people who come to work every day, who decide to work in the non-profit sector, and who decide to work for United Way because they support the work that we do.”
Northumberland United Way’s team is small but mighty. Among the five staff members, there are more than 40 years of combined experience working in the United Way network. Each team member is highly skilled in the work they do and believes strongly in the mission of United Way.
“Many of our team members have lived most of their life in Northumberland County and they care deeply about the future of our community,” says Bobbie.
A common theme in this year’s campaign, Northumberland United Way is asking residents to share their vision for the future of Northumberland County. United Way staff are also sharing their hopes for our community:
- Bobbie: “My vision for Northumberland County is a community that is fully inclusive of everyone who lives here, regardless of their situation. I believe in the power of community to lift people up, to provide them with the resources they need to thrive, and to instill a sense of belonging.”
- Cathy: “I believe Northumberland County can be a great place for everyone. I raised three children as a single mom, and I am aware of the problems you face daily when you simply have too much month left at the end of the money. I work for United Way because I know first hand how United Way can help through those tough times.”
- Dianne: “I have worked for United Way for more than 15 years. Having grown up here and now raising my family here, I want to help people feel safe and I want them to have the help they need when they need it.”
- Maggie: “Growing up in Northumberland County, I love working for an organization that makes a difference in the community I get to call home. Whether you work for United Way, are a donor, or a volunteer, you’re investing in the future of your community, and the future of the people who will call it home after you.”
- Helen: “I love where I live and picture my future life evolving here, with a family. I feel so lucky to work for an organization that supports essential services and provides the opportunity to rebuild and contribute to my community in a positive way.”
For more than 50 years, Northumberland United Way donors, volunteers, staff, and supporters have come together during hard times; this is one of those times. Northumberland United Way is dedicated to ‘Rebuilding Northumberland County’ to create a community that is great for everyone. Become a part of the solution. Support Northumberland United Way and make a difference in the future of your community. Donate today.