United Way Northumberland is thrilled to announce the upcoming 4th annual Local Love week, officially recognized by Northumberland County Council, which will take place from September 24 to September 30, 2023.
Local Love week, organized by United Way Northumberland, highlights the significant role United Way and its community partners play in supporting the local community. This special week provides an opportunity for community members to come together and support United Way and its community partners in building a stronger Northumberland County. It’s a week dedicated to acts of kindness, rallying behind important causes, and fostering a sense of community.
“We want to express our gratitude to the amazing community of donors, volunteers, and supporters in Northumberland County who make our work possible,” says Maggie Darling, Acting Executive Director, United Way Northumberland. “Local Love week is our way of celebrating the positive impact of giving, volunteering, and community service right here in Northumberland County.”
To kick off the 2023 campaign, United Way is hosting a CommUNITY BBQ at their office located at 62 Swayne Street in Cobourg, on Thursday, September 28th, from 11:30 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. Attendees are invited to contribute what they can and enjoy a hot dog while celebrating Local Love week and the launch of United Way’s campaign.
Here’s how community members can participate in Local Love week:
- Join United Way for their Campaign Kickoff and CommUNITY BBQ on Thursday, September 28th.
- Make a financial donation by visiting www.mynuw.org.
- Donate food or other in-kind products.
- Participate in United Way’s second annual Cars for Community campaign.
- Those with the availability to volunteer are encouraged to join in activities that benefit the community.
- Show kindness to others during Local Love week and beyond.
- Reach out to people who might be feeling lonely or ask a loved one how they’re doing.
To learn more about Local Love week, please visit www.mynuw.org or follow United Way Northumberland on social media for the latest updates.